It is 09:55 here in the Netherlands, and I have picked up my Kindle exactly 1 time today, and that was to shift it to the left so I could pick up my laptop.
I am 5 books behind with my Goodreads challenge of 100 books, and I'm so ready to catch up on that.
There are many reasons why I want to be a reader, but the most important is: I am a writer, and reading makes me a better writer.
So, to get myself started on meeting the challenge again, I'm setting myself some goals and challenges to be a voracious reader again.
Some, I already follow, some are new :)
- Blog about reading and what I've read at least once a month maybe more (hesitant to set it to weekly, because I know I won't do that).
- Put my Kindle in full view next to the bed so I automatically gravitate to the Kindle instead of my phone.
- Create reading spots in the house. A comfy chair with a blanket for cold autumn days sounds like a dream.
- Have multiple books on the go. This is a natural habit of mine (only intensified with having a Kindle) and I intend to keep doing that.
- Explore new interests. To get excited about a new topic is always an invitation to read for me. And what is better than browsing a bookstore? Even, as it is these days, online it's the best thing.
- Set timers for social media. And the news. And anything else used to procrastinate with.
- Have reading playlists. I just have to put on a certain playlist in Deezer to automagically grab a book.
- Make reading a habit at certain moments of the day. Have lunch? Read. Done with work? Read. In bath? Read.
- Keep a book log. I don't have one, but I think it would be fun to log what I've been reading, and what I think of the book.
- Re-read absolute favourites. Just because reading those brings me back to the days I devoured books.
And now, if you'll excuse me, I have a book to read!