Through the years I have learned ways to make sure that I have energy on a certain day.
As I have low energy levels at times, I know these tips work 🙂
Here are my top tips!
- Sleep enough. That is a hard one for an insomniac like me, but there is always a powernap opportunity 🙂
- Drink smoothies, especially veggie smoothies for lunch. I have had many days where I thought I couldn’t do anything, had a smoothie and then did more than I thought I could.
- Take pain killers when pain flares. This one is a hard one, but I find that being in pain costs loads of energy.
- Do morning yoga. This one is critical for energy throughout the day.
- Rest the day before you have something big planned.
- Don’t eat anything with refined sugar in it. When you have low energy levels you notice more rapidly what drains your energy. This is one of them. Eat natural sweets like dates instead when you crave sugar or have a fruit juice.
- Walk daily. This fits in with the morning yoga. Daily walks show me that energy begets energy.
- Meditate or do something else that helps you to calm the mind. A calm mind doesn’t burn energy by thinking too much 🙂
- Have quiet evenings. This ties in with #1. Quiet evenings, where you don’t do much that can keep you awake, like watching TV too much. I try to read every night and that helps me to fall asleep more easily.
What ways do you use to get more energy?